Why You Should Use CBD for Fitness
NFL players like Leonard Marshall, Eugene Monroe, and MMA fighter Nate Diaz has experienced the benefits of CBD for fitness and their health as athletes. On the contrary, there is still some stigma on its use, we cannot deny the positive effects of CBD for fitness, performance, health, and wellness. For a lot of fitness enthusiast, gym buffs and athletes, it is part of their routine to take CBD before and after their workout or game.
Taking CBD before and after training is indeed essential for recovery and development of the muscles, stamina, and overall health and wellness of the body.
Above all the growing number of fitness enthusiasts and professional athletes using CBD has been significant over the past few years. All it’s health benefits are associated with the endocannabinoid system (ECS), a system in the human body that is composed of endocannabinoids and cannabinoid receptors that are located in most of the primary organ system.
The presence of CBD in the body allows the ECS to regulate and assist in the following:
1. Pain Management
CBD for pain management is a must if you have injuries from a workout or playing sports. It aids in the relief of pain caused by injuries and alleviates common body aches too, the decisive factor about using CBD for pain management is it doesn’t have any adverse side effects and is not addictive, especially compared to opioids. In particular, research has shown that it also has anti-inflammatory properties. Moreover, studies have concluded that CBD works together with the cannabinoid receptors found in the brain, immune system and throughout the human body. These receptors are small proteins attached to the cells that receive chemical signals from various stimuli and help the cells react, that creates the painkilling and anti-inflammatory effects of CBD.
2. Muscle Building
Strength is part of physical fitness, and the role of CBD for muscle growth and development is instrumental. First, when it comes to building muscles, the body’s cortisol level must be in balance. Cortisol is a catabolic hormone that may cause the breakdown of muscle tissues. Being active in sports and working out in the gym helps you gain muscles and improves your physique. Thus it is crucial to keep the levels of cortisol balanced to get the best and quickest result. Second, fatigue from strenuous physical activity like lifting weights or sports allows the release of cortisol in the body. When the levels are too high, it reduces protein synthesis that in turn slows down muscle growth and recovery.
In short, taking CBD before or after a workout helps maintain a healthy level of cortisol in the body. CBD provides the anti-catabolic effect that counteracts the excessive release of cortisol. Besides that, CBD helps reduce stress and anxiety from training; these factors can also affect the levels of cortisol.
Aside from diet and exercise, taking CBD before and after training can help you improve your stamina. Likewise, for athletes and fitness enthusiast, good stamina is essential. CBD helps improve your stamina thru homeostasis. Scientist defines homeostasis as a process the body undergoes to protect itself against the changes in its external environment. Furthermore, physical exhaustion and stress from playing sports or training are considered a change in the body’s external environment. Your body’s endocannabinoid system works to continue homeostasis by utilizing the cannabinoids and cannabinoid receptors found in the immune system, nervous system, and the organs. Consequently, homeostasis allows the body to heal and recover after a grueling physical activity. Therefore, taking CBD can not only improve your stamina but also aids in giving the body better energy level and physical performance.
Pre and Post Workout
Regularly taking CBD before and after workouts or playing sports has a lot of benefits for the body:
- Better Quality of Sleep – vital for muscle growth and health.
- Enhanced Recovery.
- Prevents Muscle Spasms.
Keeping your body fit does not stop after the game or when you leave the gym. CBD helps the body recover from the wear-and-tear it goes through. Aside from taking it directly, you can also add CBD oil to your pre and post workout snacks.
Pre and Post Workout Recipes with CBD
CBD-Infused Green Smoothie
- 1 cup fresh kale
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 whole dropper of Enjoy CBD Remedies Premium Oil Drops
- ¼ fresh avocado
- Coconut water or water to blend
- Add all the dry ingredients in a blender.
- Lastly, add the Enjoy CBD Remedies Premium Oil Drops and coconut water (or water.) Blend until smooth.
Granola Bars Infused with CBD
- 2 ½ lbs. rolled oats
- 2 oz. brown rice flour
- ½ lbs. cane sugar|
- ½ oz. whole flaxseed
- 1 ½ oz. hemp seeds
- 1 oz. soy oil
- 1/2 oz. molasses
- 1 ½ lb. dark chocolate
- 1 ½ oz. Enjoy CBD Remedies Premium Oil Drops
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- Mix the rolled oats, soy oil, cane sugar, molasses, salt, brown rice flour, flaxseed, and hemp seeds in a large bowl.
- Then place the mixture in a parchment-lined sheet pan and spread out in one flat layer. Bake for 45 minutes, mixing every 10 minutes to make sure it’s crunchy.
- Fill a pot in half with water and bring it to a boil.
- Afterward, place a glass mixing bowl over the pot. Make sure the bowl does not touch the water.
- Then add the chocolate and stir until melted and smooth. Remove the heat and add CBD oil. Mix well.
- After the granola is baked, remove the pan from the oven and drizzle it the granola with the melted chocolate. Let it cool off until the chocolate hardens. Cut into desired shape and store in an airtight container.
Hydration CBD Smoothie
- 1 peeled, frozen banana
- ½ cup of coconut water
- ½ cup frozen kale
- 30mg Enjoy CBD Remedies Premium Oil Drops
- In a blender mix all the ingredients
- Blend until smooth.