The Benefits of CBD for Pets
ECS is also known as the endocannabinoid system, is not exclusive to humans. For instance, it is also found in mammals, fish, birds, and reptiles. In spite of the difference, it works to regulate their functions such as the immune system, pain, mood, and appetite.
Cannabinoid is naturally occurring in your pet’s body, when using CBD products such as Enjoy Remedies Premium CBD Oil Drops, you’re helping their ECS and maintain their health. You don’t have to worry when using CBD for your pets since hemp-derived CBD only contains 0.3% THC. Due to this small amount, it cannot result in psychoactive effects, therefore there is no risk of getting your pets “high,” or you can try CBD isolate products which have no THC content.
Common pet diseases that CBD can help with:
- Nerve-related Pain
- Intestinal Inflammation
- Skin Problems
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Parasitic and Bacterial Infections
Intake and Dosage
CBD oil can be given via a dropper and directly into your pet’s mouth. With this purpose in mind, another method of providing CBD to pets is by adding drops of CBD oil on their food or by rubbing it to their skin or paws. Dosages may vary based on the size of your pet and the disease or issue that you’re trying to relieve. Accordingly, there are suggested guides printed on the label, to sum it up, start in small dosages and increase it as needed.
The use of CBD products derived from hemp is legal in all 50 states. Above all, it has low levels of THC, that doesn’t have psychoactive effects on animals. It has no level of toxicity; however, it is recommended to stay with your pet for several hours after giving them CBD for the first time to ensure their safety.
Make these Pet Treats with CBD at home:
Peanut Butter Treats with CBD for Dogs
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 128 grams whole wheat flour
- 1 cup broth
- 128 grams all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Enjoy Premium CBD Oil Drops
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 2/3 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl, mix and whisk the chicken broth, honey, peanut butter, coconut oil, and CBD oil.
- Sift the whole wheat and all-purpose flour on a separate bowl. Mix the rolled oats after.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mix them well.
- In your counter, dust it with flour then place the dough.
- Roll out the dough to about a quarter of an inch in thickness.
- Use a cookie cutter for your desired shape of the treats.
- Transfer to a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet and bake for 14-16 minutes. Let the treats cool off before serving.
Tuna and Sweet Potato Treats infused with CBD for Cats
- 2 pieces medium sized Sweet Potatoes (cooked and mashed)
- 1 can tuna (drained)
- 1 egg
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 8 tbsp Enjoy Premium CBD Oil Drops
- ¼ cup gelatin powder
- Prepare and preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. To mix them all, using a fork. Mash the large pieces of tuna evenly.
- If needed, add more coconut flour to achieve the right consistency for the dough. Make sure it’s not too wet or not too dry.
- Form the dough into balls about 1 inch in size and flatten them into “cookie-shapes” using a fork.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until they turn light brown.
- Let them cool before serving these treats infused with CBD for cats.